As you maybe aware, the NHS is currently experiencing a ransomware attack.
What is a ransomware attack?
It is a virus that encrypts all the files on your computer and then demands money in order to decrypt them, if you pay, sometimes you get your files back and sometimes you get demands for more money.
Is my server/site protected?
Yes, we take a number of precautions against such attacks including:
– Seven day rolling backups for disaster recovery purposes
– Limiting “super admin” access to our servers
– Running only trusted programs on servers
– Automated patching of our servers with security updates.
– Use firewalls to only allow access to servers via very specific ports
Is there anything else I should do to protect myself / my business?
We wrote a blog post about this a few months ago which covers this.
If you have any queries or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org