The foundations of our service, from people to our network, we have focused on providing a superior platform and service.
Real People with years of experience- we have been hosting since January 2000
Our Network has been built from the ground up to deliver performance and reliability
Security is paramount – we have invested heavily to help protect our network
Backups should be standard – we include them without you having to ask
Reliability is fundamental – we ensure you stay online all the time
Flexibility is key – we have the ability to provision new servers within the hour on our VMware based hosting platform
Direct relationships with all suppliers, from datacentre to servers – meaning we have clearly defined support paths
- Any service starts with the people behind it. With 2 offices in the UK and familiar names responding to your queries. You can be sure we are always available for you.
- No more tiered support. You will speak to knowledgeable individuals about your service.
Our network – AS29636
A product is nothing without a solid base to build upon. Our network is the technological foundation of our business and has been built to ensure your website / emails / applications are always available.
- Our network was designed to be completely redundant from the ground up, every element of our core network is duplicated. We don’t just deploy one switch/router/firewall, we deploy two. Why run one cable to each server cabinet when you can run two! Together this helps to ensure that even if the hardware fails, we have a spare ready to automatically take over, or right beside it to be plugged in, with the result being minimal or no impact on your service.
- All hosted servers are protected by a pair of Fortinet firewalls, including intrusion protection, which helps prevent common application attacks, such as SQL injection and XSS, these are updated every few hours with the latest attack data to help keep everything one step ahead.
- catalyst2 is also a full member of RIPE (this means we can assign IP addresses in your company name, and have completely control over the IPs we use) and LINX (which allows us to connect directly to large ISP’s such as Virgin Media, Demon, Zen and many other UK and EU providers). In addition we have direct connections to two of the top transit providers around- NTT and Tiscali. Once again, should any provider fail, your service won’t be affected as traffic is simply rerouted over the other.
- We are also fully IPv6 ready, and have been since 2006!
- Every element of our network is monitored, supported (by the likes of Cisco, Juniper and Fortinet) and logged 24/7, should an event occur which requires further investigation an ‘on call’ engineer is paged and starts on the issue within minutes, before any small problem impacts your business. And as always, if you need assistance day or night, our friendly team is available on our free phone number.
- We use one of Europe’s best connected and most secure data centres – Telehouse Europe in London Docklands
- Redundant Firewalls – these block traffic with rules to suit your needs. If you want to only allow email traffic to your server, it’s no problem.
- IPS (Intrusion Protection Systems) – our continually updated systems block traffic with common attack patterns, to help protect against increasingly sophisticated attacks on your sites.
- Physical Security – With 24/7 manned security, perimeter patrols, CCTV and a key card access system, you can be certain your service is physically secure.
- Cyber Security – we take all aspects of cyber security seriously, please contact us today for more information.
- Offsite daily backups – daily R1Soft CDP backups ensure we have a reliable copy of your data should the need arise
- Virtual server backups – provide image level backups that can be restored to any VMware host.
- Our hosting and network infrastructure has been built from the ground up with reliability as the core element. We have a proven availability record since September 2006. External monitoring every one minute shows 99.97% availability.
- Every core element of our network is replicated (routers, switches, UPS, cables…you name it!)
- Each rack has at least two separate connections, and is run by diverse routes, back to our core network.
- Thanks to our network design, any service can be easily upgraded and adapted to suit your specific requirements quickly and with no hassle.
- Need more IP addresses? With our RIPE LIR status, we can apply directly on your behalf. Being fully IPv6 ready means we can provide the next generation of connectivity today.